10 REASONS YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER TO BUY YOUR INGROUND SWIMMING POOL
Chances are that if you are reading this you know that you’re likely going to get your family that pool they have always wanted sometime soon. You have finally decided to make the decision to cool off at home from now on. With all this being said, many of you are going about this “pool buying decision process” the wrong way by delaying your scheduling decision.
WHY WE DELAY: Right now when you look outside in Houston it is 76°. It is supposed to be in the 80’s here at the American Fiberglass Pool factory on all next week! Because of this, why are you are delaying and putting off that pool purchasing decision that will before you realize it hit you like a ton of bricks in the near future! If I had a dollar for every time a pool purchasing customer has said to me over the last 45 years, “You mean you can’t start our pool for 6-8 weeks?”, well, let’s just say I would be living on a beach in Hawaii instead of writing you this list!
In my opinion, when late March gets here and the daily temps are in the 80’s every day, all of a sudden our brains come out of hibernation and we start to realize “Wow, we need to get our pool plans going right away!”. What we don’t realize is most pools are sold at that time and the construction backlog can possibly be weeks or even months. To give you an example, last March our construction division sold 57 pools for families like yours. In April we sold 83 more. Also, when you factor in the uncertainty of a wet spring along with the hundreds of pools we supply our dealer network with around the country; things can get backed up significantly. Needless to say, this situation can be a real bummer for folks that procrastinated so long to talk to the pool guy, then waited too long to make a decision, and also for us too since we like to keep things in a nice construction groove year round, and to assist our customers as quick as possible.
So by now I’m sure that you get my point, but read on as I list the most obvious reasons that you need to purchase a pool NOW versus waiting until spring arrives.
1. YOU LIKELY WILL SPEND MORE MONEY IF YOU WAIT: To be frank with you, our material vendors tend to raise prices on materials and products we use right after the first of the year, EVERY year. We even just received another price increase for 2/16/16. When demand is high for most materials or items, prices are high as well. When demand is low, prices are lower. This is all simple economics! So, take advantage of the lower prices before the demand increases over the next two months.
2. YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT LONGER TO SWIM: We have already established that March can mean a 6-8 week construction backlog because so many folks delay their purchasing decision until warm weather arrives. That flood of sales means that instead of your pool guy getting started as soon as the permits are completed, he can’t actually start for 45-60 days. This, as you can well imagine, may cut into the swim season significantly.
3. THIS IS STILL THE TIME TO GET “BUYING INCENTIVES” FROM YOUR POOL BUILDER: It is very common to get LED multi-colored lights, possibly upgraded pool surfacing like the shimmer surfaces available on American Fiberglass Pools and discounts on saltwater chlorination systems, etc. All these incentive items will disappear in a month or so.
4. YOUR YARD WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL: Any type of construction can get messy, especially if the season is a wet one. For those pool buyers that get their pool installed now, their yards will look much nicer come next pool season compared to those persons that make a later purchase.
5. LESS STRESS: I can tell you absolutely that NOW pool installations are less stressful. There is plenty of 2016 swim time in front of us! There is plenty of time NOW for construction to be completed even prior to the end of March if you get the ball rolling now and the weather cooperates.
6. YOU ARE NOT SO RUSHED: No one wants to be rushed when they are spending thousands of dollars on a swimming pool. It is good to take your time and to have your wits about you when making a decision. By shopping for a pool now, you can make a relaxed and informed decision. You won’t have to make a decision simply on “Who can start my pool the soonest?”
7. THE COST OF VACATIONS KEEP GOING UP: Even with oil prices starting to drop and the cost of gasoline more affordable, the cost of airfare and hotels is still quite expensive. Why not get that pool now so your family can “staycation” at home every single day? A pool purchase from the right pool guy means forever enjoyment, relaxation, exercise, and backyard BBQ’s!
8. MAKE SPECIAL MEMORIES: Your pool and outdoor living area will literally change your life. All of a sudden the teens will want to stay home and invite their friends over for pool parties. Imagine how you will feel knowing exactly where your kids are! Outdoor cooking and grilling around the pool will make everyday a holiday, promise! No more rentals to hold parties or holiday celebrations. Your home with your pool area will be your venue of choice for almost every activity. Think of all the great times you will have, the videos, the pics; all will provide your family with special moments in time to remember while being pool side with your beautiful, affordable, VERY LOW maintenance American Fiberglass Pool!!
9. AWESOME FINANCING IS NOW AVAILABLE: That’s right, if you borrow, let’s say $35,000.00, for as much as 180 months, your payment right now is only about $300 a month. What’s more, the interest is tax deductible, the rate is “fixed” over the life of the loan and better yet, there is NO prepayment penalty. We now have lenders offering 20 year terms! We have lots of lenders available that also include unsecured loans. Very interesting, don’t you think? If you give us a call I can give you further details.
10. FINALLY FOLLOW THRU ON THAT NEW YEARS RESOLUTION: An American Fiberglass Pool is the perfect pool to do water aerobics, exercise, and lose some of those extra pounds without taking a pounding by walking or running on concrete. Almost 70% of your weight disappears while you are in an American Fiberglass Pool. No more sore feet, achy joints, or blisters.
So, now you have it. I can only hope that this simple list helps you in your efforts to have an enjoyable pool buying experience now and lots of great swimming and fun in 2015 and beyond!
Lastly: Thought of the day: “Political correctness is tyranny with manners”. Charlton Heston