7 Reasons You Should Not Wait Any Longer to Buy Your Inground Swimming Pool
7 REASONS YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER TO BUY YOUR INGROUND SWIMMING POOL
Chances are that if you are reading this you know that you’re likely going to get your family that pool they have always wanted sometime soon. You have finally decided to make the decision to cool off at home from now on. With all this being said, many of you are going about this “pool buying decision process” the wrong way.
WHY WE DELAY: Right now when you look outside you wonder if this heat wave will last forever. Any why not? It is 79 degrees here at the American Fiberglass Pool factory today! Because of this, you are delaying and putting off that pool purchasing decision that will before you realize it hit you like a ton of bricks in the future! If I had a dollar for every time a pool purchasing customer has said to me over the last 41 years, “You mean you can’t start our pool for 6-8 weeks?”, well, let’s just say I would be living on a beach in Hawaii instead of writing you this list!
In my opinion, when February / March gets here and the daily temps are in the 80’s, all of a sudden our brains come out of hibernation and we start to realize “Wow, we need to get our pool plans going right away!”. What we don’t realize is most pools are sold at that time and the construction backlog can be weeks or even months. To give you an example, last March our construction division sold 38 pools for families like yours. In April we sold 51 more. Also, when you factor in the uncertainty of a wet spring along with the hundreds of pools we supply our dealer network with around the country; things can get backed up significantly. Needless to say, this situation can be a real bummer for folks that procrastinated talking to the pool guy and for us too since we like to keep things in a nice construction grove year round.
So by now I’m sure that you get my point, but read on as I list the most obvious reasons that you need to purchase a pool NOW versus waiting until spring.
1. YOU LIKELY WILL SPEND MORE MONEY IF YOU WAIT: To be frank with you, our material vendors tend to raise prices on materials it takes to build a pool right after the first of the year EVERY year. When demand is high for most materials or items, prices are high as well. When demand is low, prices are lower. This is all simple economics! So, take advantage of the lower prices before the demand increases.
2. YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT LONGER TO SWIM: Since we have already established that February / March can mean a 6-8 week construction backlog because so many folks delay their purchasing decision until warm weather arrives. That flood of sales means that instead of your pool guy getting started as soon as the permits are completed, he can’t actually start for 45-60 days. This, as you can well imagine, cuts into the swim season significantly.
3. YOUR YARD WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET BACK TO NORMAL: Any type of construction can get messy, especially if the season is a wet one. For those pool buyers that get their pool installed now, their yards will look much nicer come next pool season compared to those persons that make a later purchase.
4. LESS STRESS: I can tell you absolutely that NOW pool installations are less stressful. There is plenty of 2012 swim time in front of us! There is plenty of time NOW for construction to be completed even prior to the end of February.
5. YOU ARE NOT SO RUSHED: No one wants to be rushed when they are spending thousands of dollars on a swimming pool. It is good to take your time and to have your wits about you when making a decision. By shopping for a pool now, you can make a relaxed and informed decision. You won’t have to make a decision simply on “Who can start my pool the soonest?”
6. THE COST OF VACATIONS KEEP GOING UP: With oil prices going back up and the cost of gasoline already above that level of making vacations even more expensive than you budgeted for; why not get that pool now so your family can “staycation” at home every single day? A pool purchase from the right pool guy means forever enjoyment, relaxation, exercise, and backyard BBQ’s!
7. AWESOME FINANCING IS NOW AVAILABLE: That’s right, if you borrow, let’s say $35,000.00, for as much as 180 months, your payment right now is only about $300 a month. What’s more, the interest is tax deductible, the rate is “fixed” over the life of the loan and better yet, there is NO prepayment penalty. We have lots of lenders available that also include unsecured loans. Very interesting, don’t you think? If you give me a call I can give you further details.
So, now you have it. I can only hope that this simple list helps you in your efforts to have an enjoyable pool buying experience now and lots of great swimming and fun in 2012 and beyond! Lastly, as the old saying goes, “Memories last a lifetime, opportunity seldom does”. Consider this opportunity and feel free to call anytime.