American Fiberglass Models Perfect for "Baby Boomers"
American Fiberglass Pools has many beautiful models available including the largest swimming area fiberglass pools manufactured in the USA! Our designs and sizes are just perfect for the addition of water features of any type, various kinds of decking material, and of course all sizes are available in a wide variety of awesome High Definition colors. Of course not all pool buyers are folks that want all the bells and whistles on their next pool purchase; this includes the “baby boomer” pool buyer.
So exactly what is a “baby boomer” pool buyer? Here is my definition: A significant part of the population, but to be on point, they have been around long enough to acquire a reserve of wealth that younger people have not been able to save up to yet. Statistically they control over 80% of the personal financial assets and have over 50% of the discretionary spending power. They are the baby boom of nearly 78 million Americans born between 1946 and 1964 and have molded the world as we know it today. OK, I know my definition is a little long, but please bear with me another minute or so…
Many baby boomers grew up with a swimming pool in their parents, friends, or relative’s home. I remember very well all the fun and excitement spent in those backyard swimmin’ holes of my youth. As we got into our 30’s and were raising our own family, the real pool buying explosion began. Many of us have owned and enjoyed several pools during our lifetime. The trend I have seen is that first time pool buyers typically purchased pools with lots of bells and whistles. This usually culminated in a full blown “pool monument” on the 2nd or 3rd pool purchase. Spas, slides, waterfalls, fiber optic lights, fancy decking, etc. was the order of the day. What has changed between now and then?
Well, first of all, the kids are all grown and gone. There is no longer a need for a large, elaborate pool to keep them home and occupied. No more need for slides, diving boards, and all that other stuff. Life is more simple now so a smaller pool without the huge amenity package is much more desirable. Here’s why:
1. You likely have downsized the house and the yard. A smaller pool will fit perfectly in most tiny backyards.
2. You want less maintenance to deal with. Just like a smaller house and yard means less maintenance, so does a smaller pool. An American Fiberglass Pool will offer you the least amount of work / maintenance that any inground pool can provide.
3. You don’t have a lot of swimmers to accommodate. The kids are grown up and the grandkids only come over occasionally. It’s just the two of you 90% of the time.
4. You really are not into swimming laps anymore. Today’s pool recreation is cooling off, BBQ-ing, social events, water aerobics, exercise, and something to take away the aches and pains.
5. You want to make a smaller investment on your pool this time around.
So by now I would like to believe that we are on the same page on this subject. Who needs to build a monument anymore? You have been there and done that, maybe more than once. All you need now is a simple pool that is easy to take care of and looks nice. The most common pools that we construct for baby boomers are the Nueces (10’ X 20’), the San Marcos (10’X20’), and the Trinity (11’ X 27’). Some pictures of these pictures are below. These pool models typically install quickly (2-3 weeks), sell for the right price, and provide all the exercise / entertainment value necessary.
Do you sound like you are a baby boomer? Even if you are not, we would be pleased to hear your response.