GETTING RID OF THOSE “BACKYARD BLUES”
Having an inground swimming pool installed can light up the life of your family and make that drab backyard a place your family will want to be all the time. What decisions are to be made? Your biggest decision is should it be a fiberglass pool or a gunite pool? Another is do you want a form of concrete deck or wood deck? How about pavers? The pool builder you choose to ultimately build your pool of dreams should be a big part of that decision-making process, too.
Let us now look at some of the pool and pool area features that are available to spice up that “dead zone” in your backyard.
1. SPA: A spa delivers warm, soothing, pulsating water in combination with thousands of massaging air bubbles. Adding jets to your pool creates a soothing, therapeutic area to relax and drain off the stress of your day.
2. WATERFALLS: A very popular feature, a waterfall, whether it is built of stacked natural stones or a sleek modernistic sheer of water, provides a soothing sound of rushing water and helps block out traffic noise or your noisy nextdoor neighbor.
3. POOL DECKING: Lots of colors, materials and textures are available to select from when creating a deck for your pool. Natural stone is always a winning choice. Wood or composite decks are cooler to walk on and can provide an easy way to add multi-levels, benches and such. Concrete overlays are cooler and much less expensive than the other options.
4. PATIO COVERS: Palapas can add the feeling of relaxing on an exotic beach. Gazebos and other types of patio covers can add character to your yard and offer room for tables, chairs and even a ceiling fan.
5. OUTDOOR KITCHENS: Just think about cooking your favorite meal while your family has fun in the nearby pool. Outdoor kitchens can be designed to offer all the same amenities as indoor kitchens, so you can prepare any kind of meal for your family while remaining right in the middle of all the action.
6. PUTTING GREEN: Quite a bit more common than you think, incorporating a putting green into your pool area provides extra fun for your family and may even improve your golf game. The green will blend in nicely with the look of your pool and add to your backyard decor.
Now that you have some ideas, you are ready to begin transforming your blah backyard into your own personal piece of paradise.